Midcoast Race Series & Thanksgiving Meal 5K
Go! Malawi benefits from a race series in the midcoast of Maine that consists of 6 holiday 5K races and a trail run event held in Camden, Rockport and Rockland, Maine throughout the year. There is also a separate event, a trail run in Hebron, Maine. Each race has its own identity and theme and offers unique African prizes! The courses are all scenic so come join us to run or walk for a good cause! The midcoast races are now under the jurisdiction of the Nonprofit One Community Many Voices and funds are shared with this local nonprofit.
2017 GO! MALAWI RACE SCHEDULE (Runners, walkers and friendly dogs are always welcome)
* The Drouthy Bear Set The Pace 5K: Sunday, January 1st, 2017 @ 11:11 AM @ The Drouthy Bear Pub, 50 Elm Street, Camden, Maine. Start the new year with a run or walk through downtown Camden! Lots of raffle prizes available for participants! All pre-registered runners get 6 raffle tickets, versus one for day of registrants. Cash bar and grab and go food available at the Drouthy Bear Pub!
* Luv Me 5K: Join us on Sunday, February 12th @ 10:00 AM for a Valentine’s Day run @ The Samoset Resort, 220 Warrenton Street, Rockport, Maine. All participants get full use of the resort’s facilities!
* The Trackside Station Lucky Leprechaun 5K: Celebrate Saint Patty’s Day in style on Saturday, March 18th with Go! Malawi at Trackside Station, 4 Union Station, Rockland, Maine. Race begins @ 10:00 AM.
* ‘The First’ Summer Solstice 5K: Fun Run or walk through downtown Rockland during the Summer Solstice Street Festival on Saturday, June 17th, 2017! Race begins at 6PM at our host The First Bank, 63 Union Street, Rockland! Join us to celebrate the arrival of summer! Prizes for runners that pass our running sun.
* Labor Day 5K: Join us @ Camden Hills Regional High School in Camden for a 5K loop on Monday, September 4th @ 10:00 AM
* The Ragged Mountain Scuttle: Sunday, September 24th, 2017 10-2 @ The Camden Snow Bowl 20 Barnestown Road, Camden, Maine. Test yourself on 20 fun Obstacles on a 5K trail on Ragged Mountain! This is a Family Event with a bouncy house, beer, vendors and music!
* Scare Me 5K: Saturday, October 28th @ 10:00 AM @ The Eclipse in Rockland, Maine. Join us in your costume! Take your chances on the many raffle prizes available.
* Thanksgiving Meal Trail 5k Event & 1/2 Mile Kids’ Fun Run: Sunday, November 12th @ 10:00 AM
@ Hebron Academy, 339 Paris Road, Hebron, Maine
Chase a full Thanksgiving Meal through the woods @ Hebron Academy and win prizes! 1/2 Mile Kids Fun Run @ 9:30 AM, lots of raffle items and giveaways and 2 Pumpkin Roll Contests!