How You Can Get Involved
GET INVOLVED AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
HOST A FUNDRAISER! You can plan an event or a party at your house or at a local establishment. HOW TO PLAN AN EVENT?
WHERE WILL THE MONEY YOU RAISE GO?
1. SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP FUND: 50 applicants are awarded a scholarship to attend secondary school and college. All secondary schools in Malawi are costly and the family must pay for the fees. This cost is a hard burden for a family in poverty and leaves those that are poor to remain uneducated and in turn unable to land a job above the poverty line, thus keeping the family in poverty.
FUND: $15,000 Beneficiaries: 50 people
2. MICRO-LOAN PROGRAM: Loan assistance to 12 farming cooperatives so the families can grow cash crops of nuts and coffee. These cash crops will allow the families to earn a steady income and lift themselves out of poverty. With job security the families can pay for the following: school fees, medical fees, transportation, medication, doctor’s visit, beds, safe water etc…
FUND: $16,000 Beneficiaries: Direct: 120 farmers Indirect: 1,200 people
3. SAFE WATER PROJECT: We wish to tap into a 3rd water source so 7 villages (who currently do not have water in their village) will have access to water. We also wish to provide a storage tank and filtration system so the water is clean and thus free of water borne illnesses and disease. The dirty water is causing pregnant mothers to lose their babies, children to miss school and families crops to suffer as they can’t farm when they are ill.
FUND: $25,000 Beneficiaries: Thousands of people
4. CONSERVATION PROJECT: The Ntchisi Rain Forest is being destroyed daily by illegal logging. It is a source of food, water and tourism dollars. We wish to hire 6 patrolmen to patrol and protect the forest and set up tree nurseries for an alternative wood/fuel source for the villagers.
FUND: $6,000 Beneficiaries: Thousands of people
5. ORPHAN OUTREACH PROGRAM: Support orphans in the area. Includes: school uniforms, fees, books, supplies and food.
FUND: $4,000 Beneficiaries: 65
6. EDUCATION PROGRAM: Nursery school and after school enrichment program for early intervention, education and support .
FUND: $10,000 Beneficiaries: 150
7. HEALTH EDUCATION PROGRAM: HIV/AIDS and health education awareness program. Collaboratively run with an HIV/AIDS group in M’Pamila village of 11 HIV+ members.
FUND: $2,000 Beneficiaries: 1,500
Do you want to travel with us to Malawi and work on site in the village? Do you want to work with orphans, elderly, children, farmers, forestry men, or a micro-loan company? Do you want to help end extreme poverty and live an entirely different culture?
Do you want to be a travel group leader? We have openings for next June and July, 2012 (reduced rates) Let us know!